Sunday, July 25, 2010

MFA, and Life Thereafter...

I'm back from Vermont College of Fine Arts, with MFA in hand, and master's hood on my back (not really, but it is awfully pretty. Two shades of green. My favorite color.) To all my peeps, readers, friends - new blog posts coming, starting this Tuesday with a "Secret" launch.

And late in the week I promise I'll start my new "reading like a writer series." I'm especially jazzed after all the terrific lectures I heard from faculty and fellow grads in Vermont. Here's a pic of me taken right before my own graduate lecture:

There are talented students emerging from the Vermont program. I guarantee some of them will be household names in children's lit.

In the meantime, I'm working feverishly revising FORGIVEN (Speak/Penguin, 2011) having received an excellent edit letter that mirrored all my own concerns. It's so lovely to have an editor like Jen Bonnell, who is brilliant, as well as delightful!

No comments: